A trommel screen is a rotary screen that is used to separate materials on the basis of size. It is mainly used in the solid waste processing industries and mineral processing. The oversize material is separated from the undersized material.
The trommel screen consists of a long cylindrical drum that has many holes of the size of separation required. The holes helps in the classification of material and when the drum rotates it only allows the material that is smaller than the size of the holes to fall through while the oversized materials flow out through the other side of the trommel.
Alfa Therm is the leading manufacturer and supplier of trommel screens with instalalitons across the country. Our trommels have capacities upto 50 Ton per hour, are extremely robust, easy to use and highly efficient in separating municipal solid waste MSW, legacy waste, soil, compost, aggregates, and other materials. Easy drum changes for optimal separation, rugged components, strong manufacturing and R&D backed by Alfa Therm’s top-notch service makes these trommels a versatile solution to manage organic waste.
Municipal waste and Legacy Waste - usage of Trommel Screen
Trommel screens are vital for the municipal waste and legacy waste separation in the initial screening process to sort the sizes of solid waste. Tromell screens are used to separate organic wand inorganic waste materials to improve the composting process and preparation of RDF. This will allow preparation of high quality compost free of impurities and clean RDF by removing the inorganic materials such as dust and muck hence increasing the quality of fuel. Tromells are also widely used in processing of Legacy waste wherein inerts, good earth and RDF is separated for effective disposal.
Advantages of Trommel Screen
- Trommel screens are extremely efficient, generally cheaper and easy to maintain
- They can handle a wide range of material and can easily break compacted material
- Trommel screen causes less noise and are mechanically more robust
- Trommel system can be easily set up near the source of solid waste material
- It can be built to handle a huge range of capacities upto 50 tons per hour from a single unit.
Alfa Therm’s Trommel Screens product details
- Usage/application – MSW, Legacy Waste, Aggregates, Material separation
- Structure and Base Frame- Strong Mild Steel base frame fabricated out of Girders and Channels
- Material – Mild Steel with options of Stainless Steel screens
- Capacity –from 5 tph upto 50 tph in single unit. Multiple units can be installed with integration that can process upto 2000 tons per day
- Tyres- High quality Polyurethane for long life
Looking to buy trommel screens at the best price in India for screening and sorting municipal solid waste or any other materials? Look no further than Alfa Therm’s trommel system. Reach out to us today for more information on our range of tromells.